10:59 pm Thursday
Sup *|FNAME|*, how’s it bangin.
Tonight I went Christmas shopping, solo.
If you know Saint Paul, you might know that we have the Mall of America (in nearby Bloomington).
It’s crazy that I live an 8 minute drive from one of North America’s largest centers of commerce.
So anyways, I did done shopped… and I got about half of my gift list…
…and as you can imagine… more than once tonight among the masses…
I found myself breathing deeply!
In through the nose, out through the mouth. I think that’s right.
At least, that’s how I do it.
Now, I’ve gotta admit, I’m not an “expert breather”… although I do do it for a living (ba-dum-cheee).
For example, there’s a whole diaphragm technique that I don’t know. And I know I don’t know this way to breath. I’ve never spent time to fix that knowledge gap. (I just searched for the link for you, I didn’t even watch it.)
Back to what I mean is, there are likely other ways to breath which we’ve never considered! (Maybe we should do a “breathing” podcast?)
Anywho— I do know these few pointers to breathing—
- breathing deeply reduces stress, so do it frequently (but don’t be obnoxious), and
- intentional breathing during exercise is important (don’t hold your breath!), and
- controlled breathing during meditation is important (maintain focus!), and
- restricted-throat breathing, called Ujjayi, is used in yoga to increase your body temperature and energy (I use it at work for these reasons), and
- Wim Hof’s method helps to massively increase your blood’s oxygen supply (ok to hold your breath!), and
- the release of water vapor when you breath is a result of your body burning fat for energy, but
- don’t be a mouth breather (that’s why you have a nose), and
- counting up breaths from 1 to 20 at night can put me to sleep right quick.
And so I’m off to do just that, while you remember that Oxygen is Healthy™
I know there are typos in the graphic. I tried to find the updated version but it seems to have walked off. Thanks for reading even though I get some of da words wrong.